Whether you need an uncomplicated RIP solution for fast and easy printing, or you’re looking to upgrade to the latest, feature-packed RIP software, VersaWorks 6 expands your printer capabilities and maximizes the power of your Roland DG devices.
- New user interface with clean and simple, drag-and-drop functionality
- Now with five print queues and five hot folders— combined with the ability to store unlimited queue settings
- New HARLEQUIN RIP dual-core operation for even faster handling of complex PDF, EPS, and PS files with drop shadows and transparencies
- Keep your color output consistently the same across multiple printers with new color matching tools— transfer color values to matching Roland DG devices
- Native 64-bit processing— nest up-to 86 jobs and other increased capabilities
- Special Color Plate Generation— uses pixel data in your design to auto-generate a White, Metallic, Gloss or Primer layer in the RIP
- Run up-to four compatible Roland DG devices simultaneously with absolute ease
- Predictive ink calculator estimates the amount of ink needed, while job log tracks ink use on media
- Detailed color matching with built-in Roland DG Color System and PANTONE® libraries
- All the tiling, nesting, variable data, color profiling and other advanced tools that have made VersaWorks the preferred software of print and graphics professionals
- Easily match color output between printers in VersaWorks 6 with new Printer Color Match Settings that combine with the i1 Pro3 and VW-S1 color measuring tool, Measurement Tools Support, and Simulation Profile Management
Simple, Smart, Great-Looking RIP Software
A new, modern-looking user interface offers clean and simple tools with drag-and-drop functionality to quickly add jobs to the print queue directly from folders on your desktop. A more icon-based RIP environment improves user experience and provides easy navigation and functionality for all your print tasks and job management.
Easy New Color Matching Tools with VersaWorks 6
The following new features offer an easier and more intuitive way to match color output.
- Printer Color Match Settings integrates profiling tools such as the i1 Pro3 and new VW-S1 color measuring tool— matching color output between different printer models as well as different print modes output from a single printer
- Measurement Tools Support for the latest X-Rite i1 Pro3 color measurement tools
- Simulation Profile Management for establishing RGB or CMYK output from a reference printer to create an output profile for a target printer
Find out more about the VW-S1 color measuring too.
Now with More Powerful RIP Processing
Five Print Queues for Maximum Job Management and Efficiency
Get Consistent Output Across Devices with Printer Color Matching
For users with multiple Roland DG printers of the same model and ink type*, VersaWorks 6 offers printer color matching to ensure consistent color output on every print. Print and scan values from a printer and transfer the color values to matching Roland DG devices to compensate for color differences from one device to the next.
This new color matching feature gives print users the distinct advantage of printing large-scale jobs, high quantity jobs and recurring customer jobs on multiple devices.
Special Colour Plate Generation
Users can attribute Gloss, White or Primer ink to areas of a design in the actual RIP, prior to printing. This is a convenient tool when working with EPS or PDF files that don’t have spot color attribution. By recognizing the pixel data, VersaWorks 6 can fill the entire image or generate fills inside or outside of the print area.
Maintaining Clipped Position
Add Cut Lines Directly in the RIP with New Cutting Line Feature
Create cut data directly in VersaWorks 6 by extracting PDF data from your design file to use as a cut line. This smart new RIP tool offers intuitive new cut line features to make print output even easier.
Predictive Ink Calculator for Unattended Printing
A predictive ink calculator estimates the amount of ink needed for each job, enabling unattended printing. When there is not enough ink to complete a print job, VersaWorks 6 will notify you before printing.